RECE Split Shift
Employment Terms: permanent | part Time
We are actively seeking Permanent Part-time RECE’s for various locations in split shift capacity. We are looking for educators that are:
- Passionate and dedicated to planning and developing holistic child-centred programs for the communities we serve;
- Able to work in a before and after school program, meaning a few hours in the morning, head home, then return for the last hours of the programming day;
- Able to continuously aim to enrich play-based learning, and translate their expertise through thoughtful programming that reflects the Ministry of Education guidelines;
- Determined to surpass all AQI expectations.
LEF programs focus on the benefits of outdoor experiences for children and educators; building resiliency within each community we serve.
Various locations available
- To ensure that the health, welfare, and safety of the children remain the first priority of the centre.
- Ensure curriculum and pedagogy reflect How Does Learning Happen? and our program statement
- To be active in curriculum development and its purposeful implementation.
- Maintain ongoing positive communication with families and team members.
- To be actively involved and contribute to the day-to-day operations of the centre, while working in collaboration with colleagues to plan and facilitate appropriate experiences based on observed interests and abilities of the children.
- To understand and support current Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned based on the needs and development of the centre.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Two-year Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree or approved equivalent
- Preferred 2 years of experience working in a licensed Childcare with children from infancy to 12 years, as well as children with varied abilities
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate play-based curriculum based on the observed interests of children
- An interest in the outdoors and nature is essential
- Thorough understanding of Child Care and Early Years Act 2014 and Toronto Operating Criteria
- Thorough knowledge of Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI)
- Knowledge of: How Does Learning Happen?
- Experience working with families
- Ability to interpret and implement LEF policies and procedures
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship-building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with children, families and team members
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and judgment when handling unpredictable situations
- Ability to work independently as well as contributes as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Working understanding of technology and how to use it
- Must have membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators, current in Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C), up to date record of immunizations and Tuberculin Screening, and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
- A valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle is an asset
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: July 21, 2021
Closing Date: August 04, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at email@example.com.